Just returned from a week holiday in Holland, we were really really lucky with the weather, the entire week, we could wear short sleeves. Had 3 days cycling, visiting family and friends, it was a relaxing and pleasant week to us all.
The holiday house we stayed is located in the National Park Weerriben, our house was near the water with duckies visiting us in the morning and rabbits in the evening.
When you are on holiday, it is best to prepare something which requires little preparation and since the weather was so warm, I thought a raw tomato sauce spaghetti would be very appropriate. It was so nice sitting on our terrace to enjoy the pasta and appreciate the nature surroundings.
- Beef tomato(es)
- Fresh basil leaves
- Extra virgin olive oil
- Aceto balsamic vinegar
- Fresh ground pepper
- Freshly grated parmesan cheese (Optional)
- Wash and peel the tomato. Cut into small pieces and place in a large bowl.
- Generously drizzle extra virgin olive oil, a little balsamic vinegar, tear the basil leaves into small pieces and mix well. Cover with cling film and set aside at room temperature for about 30 minutes.
- When the raw tomato sauce is almost ready, cook the spaghetti or your desired pasta as instructed to al dente.
- Drain the cooked pasta, divide the pasta on serving plates, and pour the tomato sauce on top and serve immediately.
- Sprinkle some freshly grated parmesan cheese on top.
Recipe Type : Main Course
Preparation Time : 00:10
Cooking Time : 00:30
Total Time : 00:40