復活節假期間我哋一家三口去咗Davos ‘hea’ 咗幾日，入住我喜愛的 Intercontinental Davos, 建築物形象隻金蛋，就想起來對復活節很給應景。因只逗留數天，所以沒有入住渡假屋，那些要住上一星期才可。這兒有很完善的Kids Club, 隨時可以放低阿仔去玩，大人便可鬆一鬆，去spa 或book 個按摩疏乎吓😃。
做馬來咖喱, 你可用現成購買到的馬來咖喱粉, 又或可用自制的咖喱粉。
Last week was Easter holiday, we had a short getaway in Davos, Switzerland. We stayed at Intercontinental Davos, I called it the big Golden Easter egg to Marc, perfect for the occasion, and because I didn’t allow him to eat more chocolate eggs these days since he had not recovered from his cold and bad cough. We chose this place because they have a very well-equipped Kids Club, with all kinds of activities during the day, so the parents can take a short break to go skiing or to the spa area to relax a bit.
The weather on our first day was not great, it was even snowing, so we didn’t do much, went to our favorite Coffee place, called Kaffee Klatsch and hanged out a bit there and then we went to the Spa, but that was just what we all needed, to relax!!!!!
The second day and onwards, we had blue sky, went skiing for a bit but not too much as I actually had a small injured on my knee in early February from skiing, nothing was broken, blessed and I was happy already that I could make numerous descends. One of us had to stay with Marc, so could not go to far anyway, I took the nearest chairlift up by myself at St Jakobshorn, 4 descends and then I could feel my injured area, that signalled that it was enough for the day and I should not to push further.
The scenery in Davos was breathtaking, especially at this place called where it is very popular for ski-touring. It was so untouched and looked as if heaven on earth.
The food was rather disappointing, there are many nice eateries but mostly Swiss or Western style, the dishes are on the heavy and rich side. Previous years, we have two favorite eateries in Davos, one is the Chinese restaurant called Zauberberg, they served authentic Chinese dishes but don’t know since when they have closed down. The second one which is a Japanese restaurant in the hotel here has changed into an Italian restaurant. That’s why we would rather eat at Kaffee Klatch as the food is lighter and the place is always cozy.
As a result, when we got home, I was desperate for some Asian food and I proposed to make Malaysian Chicken Curry. With curry, P would never say no. So as promised earlier, here is the recipe with my Homemade Malaysian Curry Powder I prepared not long ago.
You can use store-bought Malaysian curry powder but here I refer to the use of Homemade Malaysian Curry Powder my homemade Malaysian curry powder.
- 有機光雞 一隻，斬件, 大概1.2 – 1.5公斤左右, 最好用黃皮的 （雞味好得多）
- 細黃或紅洋葱 3-4個, 切細塊
- 細紅蘿蔔 4條, 切細件
- 馬鈴薯 3個, 切成大件
- 檸檬草 1條, 切成3條 (不用也可)
- 咖喱葉 5-6片 (新鮮或乾也可)
- 椰奶 400毫升
- 椰油或菜油, 煮食用
- 馬來咖喱粉 3湯匙
- 魚露 1湯匙
- 椰糖 1湯匙 (可用其他糖代替)
- 1 organic chicken approx. 1.2-1.5kg, preferably with yellow skin
- 3-4 yellow or red onions, cut into small pieces
- 4 carrots cut into small pieces
- 3 potatoes, peeled and cut into big cubes
- 1 lemongrass, cut into 3 parts (optional)
- 5-6 curry leaves
- 400ml coconut milk
- coconut oil for cooking
- 3 tbsp homemade Malaysian curry powder or follow the instruction from the store bought pack
- 1 tbsp fish sauce
- 1 tbsp palm sugar (can be substituted by other white or brown sugar)
- 將雞斬件, 留皮, 抺乾備用。
- 用一大深鍋, 用中大火加熱, 用椰油將洋葱抄至呈透明, 當心不好燒焦。
- 放3湯匙咖叮喱粉入小碗中, 加小許清水, 拌匀至醬。
- 將咖喱混醬,檸檬草和咖喱葉, 加入洋葱, 炒至爆發出香味。
- 接著加入雞件, 抄至拌匀, 然後繼續加入紅蘿蔔和薯仔, 炒至食材熱食, 雞外皮至金黃更好, 大概十至十五分鐘左右。
- 加入椰奶, 用中火, 拌匀至煮滾。
- 看情況如有需可加小許清水, 煮滾, 加蓋, 轉至小火, 燜約四十分鐘, 直只薯仔夠入味和收水。最後加魚露和糖作調味。
- Cut the chicken into pieces, skin on, set aside.
- Prepare the vegetables as described in the ingredients.
- In a large deep pan, sauté the onion at medium high heat with some coconut oil until transparent. Be careful not to get the onions burnt.
- Put 3 tablespoon of homemade Malaysian curry powder in a small bowl and add in a bit of water, mix well to make a paste.
- Add the curry powder paste, lemongrass and curry leaves to the sautéed onion, stir to mix well and until the you can smell the fragrant.
- Add in the chicken pieces, mix well and then follow by the carrots and potatoes. Stir and let them gradually heat up until the chicken skin turns slightly golden brown, takes about 10-15 mins.
- Pour in the coconut milk, bring to boil at medium heat, stir from time to time.
- Adjust the consistency by adding some water, simmer for 40 minutes or so. Season with a bit of fish sauce and sugar accordingly.
- Serve hot with steamed rice or paratha roti , great for dipping in the sauce. (you can get them frozen in Asian groceries stores).
It tastes even better the next day, if you have any leftover.
You can use tofu too instead of chicken, for vegetables, I have used pumpkin, eggplants, etc, you can use any vegetables of your choice really.
Recipe Type : Main Course
Preparation Time : 00:40
Cooking Time : 00:50
Total Time : 01:30
Yield : Serves 4